To buy this product you need to be registered.
Painless device indicated for the treatment of pain associated with Metatarsophalangeal Subluxation Syndrome, floating toe, metatarsophalangeal capsulitis, and flexible digital deformity.
Fixtoe Device: Your Ally for Treating Mechanical Metatarsalgia
The Fixtoe device is designed for the conservative management of discomfort associated with mechanical metatarsalgia with digital deformity such as floating toe.
It is indicated for early stages of deformity, and its technology allows for pain relief and prevents further toe deformity.
It is also recommended for corticosteroid infiltrations to prevent claw toe months later.
The Fixtoe PRO device is one-size-fits-all and consists of an elastic band, a tongue, and a metatarsal pad.
Tongue: Ultra-thin, seamless band, adaptable to the specific needs of the toe being treated. Contains non-slip silicone to ensure fixation.
Elastic Band: Adjusts to the shape of the foot with its elastic and breathable material, also allowing the product to be one-size-fits-all.
Metatarsal Pad: Absorbs impacts in the metatarsal region, offering the option to relieve pressure in a horseshoe shape by cutting in the indicated section with the firewall cutter.
- Compatible with any type of footwear for unrestricted versatility.
- Immediate relief from metatarsalgia linked to digital deformity.
- Slows the progression of digital deformity.
- Achieves stabilization of the metatarsophalangeal joint.
- Delays the formation of calluses in the metatarsal region and on the tops of the middle toes.
- Adapts to the ergonomics of any foot type thanks to its universal size.
- Adjustable bandage to align the affected toe in a mobile manner.
- Removable pad to facilitate placement with orthopedic insoles.
Placement of Fixtoe PRO Device:
Steps for device placement:
- 1.- Place the elastic band always closing on the outer side of the foot.
- 2.- Anchor the middle part of the tongues on the instep of the band, coinciding with the affected toe.
- 3.- Embrace the affected toe with the tongues and leave the ends in the plantar area. It can be used for the second or third toe.
- 4.- Anchor the tongues on the sole. They can be anchored either parallel or crossed. The tongue can be cut if the clinician decides.
- 5.- Optionally, in cases of very symptomatic patients, the metatarsal pad can be used. This pad should be placed inside the elastic band, in the forefoot area, without touching the toes. It should be placed at the end away from the Velcro, always on the opposite side of the Velcro.
Frequently Asked Questions:
➡️ What sizes should I use on the patient?
The Fixtoe Device is one-size-fits-all. Thanks to the elastic band and velcro closure, it covers sizes from 36 to 46.
➡️ Can it be used with orthopedic insoles?
Yes, Fixtoe PRO is a complementary device to the insole since the insole has no effect on the toes, and here the Fixtoe PRO device offers this complementarity by acting on digital deformity. If the insole has subcapital or retrocapital parts (such as discharge almonds), using the pad is not necessary.
➡️ Should the pad always be used?
No, the pad is recommended in patients with pains due to compressive forces and requiring discharges. It can be cut, within the delimited square (firewall), to obtain a horseshoe discharge.
➡️ Does it replace traditional (tie-on) bandaging?
Yes. This type of bandaging often causes irritation in most patients due to the adhesive of the bandage itself, prevents the patient from showering, loses traction, and loosens within a few days. The Fixtoe device has the same effect but without these inconveniences.
➡️ How long should the patient wear Fixtoe PRO?
For the treatment to be effective, the minimum time will be 3 to 6 months, even if there is no pain.
➡️ How many hours a day can Fixtoe PRO be worn?
The more hours, the better; it can even be worn while sleeping. To slow down the deformity, it is necessary for the toe to be at the level of the rest for as long as possible.
➡️ If the patient is recommended to use Fixtoe but cannot wear it with their usual footwear, what treatment can be prescribed?
It can be worn overnight. Same effect as during the day. In fact, there are patients who wear one during the day and another at night.
➡️ How far down should I push the patient's toe when placing it?
The toe should go down to the level of the rest.
➡️ Is it normal for the patient to feel pain on the dorsal side?
No, if the patient feels pain on the dorsal side, it means it has been placed too tight.
➡️ Can the tongue hold two toes?
On smaller feet, two toes can be held with one tongue, but on larger feet, it is advisable to use an extra tongue. The tongue, being made of imitation leather, can be cut if it is too large for the patient.
➡️ Can it be washed?
Yes. It is recommended to wash in cold water. The imitation leather tongue is not recommended to be washed because it loses its properties.
Fixtoe PRO use is not recommended for:
- Patients with diabetic foot.
- Patients allergic to silicone or with atopic pathologies.
- Patients with rigid digital deformity.
- Swelling, edema, open wound, or ulcer on the foot.